Job Description, KPIs and Eligibility Criteria
Position Name: Internal Auditor Position Code: Internal Auditor 001
Reports to: NEECA Board Location: HQ Islamabad
- To prepare and review the audit plan, evaluation of the system of internal controls, prepare audit reports and report the same to the Board of Directors of the Authority
- Develop liaison mechanism with the external Auditor regarding the annual audits of the Authority accounts and ensure the provision of support to external auditors as and when required;
- Responsible to define the adequacy of the scope, functions, competency and resources of the internal audit functions
- Develop and execute the internal audit programme, processes, the results of the internal audit programme, processes or investigation undertaken and whether or not appropriate action is taken on the recommendations of the internal audit function;
- To evaluate Accounting, Financial, credit and other operational activities as an independent appraisal function and ensure effective management of the financial resources of the Authority;
- To review and appraised the Soundness, Adequacy and application of Accounting, Financial and Operational Control.
- To conduct appraisal or assessment of the performance of members of the internal audit function;
- To lead the preparation of the quarterly results and year- end financial statements, prior to the approval by the Board of Directors, focusing particularly on: -
- changes in accounting policies and practices;
- compliance with accounting standards and other legal requirements;
- significant and unusual events;
- significant adjustments arising from the audit;
- the going concern assumption; and
- responsible to deal matters related to conflict of interest situation that may arise within the Authority or the Group including any transaction, procedure or course of conduct that raises questions of management integrity:
- To lead and handle the problems and reservations arising from the interim and final audits, and any matter the External Auditor may wish to discuss (in the absence of management where necessary);
- To be responsible to suggest the senior management/MD/Board to consider the major findings of internal investigations and management’s response;
- To recommend and consider the nomination and appointment of a person or persons as external Auditors, the audit fees and any question of resignation or dismissal;
- To consider any other functions or duties as may be agreed to by the Committee and the Board.
- To undertake special investigation at the directive of the Audit and Finance Committee/Board of Directors.
- To develop an effective team of competent subordinates who understand, and are able to discharge the obligation of their position/jobs.
Key performance Indicators
- Number of audits reports generated/ findings of the performance appraisal of the internal auditing mechanism by the external auditor;
- Number of recommendations/amendments in improving the internal quality control systems
- Number of policies and practices adopted for internal finance and audits and to mitigate and identify the conflict of interest cases
Qualification and Experience
- The candidates must be a qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Fellow Cost & Management Accountant (FCMA) with minimum 15 years’ post-qualification professional experience in senior audit position in private as well as public sector companies/authority/department.
- Experience in relevant field in a responsible position in the Government, Regulatory or in a National/International Organization (preferably in energy sector) of repute in public or private sector.
- Preference will be given to candidates with higher / international qualifications and relevant certifications.
Quota: Open merit
Salary: Market competitive salary package will be offered, subject to qualification and experience of the candidate.
Age: Maximum Age should be 50 years at the time of application (age will be calculated as on the closing date of receipt of applications).