The National Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority (NEECA) is an Authority established under the Ministry of Energy (Power Division) and serves as a federal focal agency mandated for initiating, catalyzing and coordinating all Energy Conservation activities in different sectors of economy. The authority to provide for establishment of institutions and enunciation of mechanism and procedures to provide for effective conservation and efficient use of energy. NEECA has been charged with a wide range of responsibilities including:-
• To formula energy conservation programmes in all the potential energy consuming sectors.
• Planning and initiating energy conservation actions on nation-wide basis.
• To develop a comprehensive data base on opportunities for energy conservation.
• Supporting training activities on energy conservation applications.
• Undertaking field research and pilot demonstration activities on specific energy conservation options and technologies; and
• Monitoring the implementation of conservation programs by other public and/or private sector entities...